5 cm of ginger
100 ml of fresh curd
Parsley and spring onions
3 garlic cloves
1 1/2 liter of water
Salt and black pepper
1 tablespoon of Andorinha Organic Olive Oil
1. In a saucepan, pour two cups of water, the kabocha and cook over medium heat.
Let it cook for about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, wash and slice the unpeeled ginger.
Peel the garlic and onion.
Cut the onion into 4 parts.
Transfer the pre-cooked kabocha to a chopping board and remove the peel with the vegetable peeler.
Keep the pot and the water where you cooked the kabocha, as you will reuse it.
2. Cut the kabocha in cubes and return to the pot with water.
Add the ginger, garlic, onion and the rest of the water.
Bring to medium heat and, as soon as it starts to boil, cover the pot and cook for 40 minutes.
3. Then transfer the cooked kabocha to a blender.
If it doesn't fit, blend it in steps.
Season with salt and black pepper.
With a folded tea towel, hold tightly so that the hot steam does not open the lid of the blender.
If you prefer, let the soup cool completely.
Return the soup to the pan and add the Andorinha organic olive oil.
If you want, season with more salt and pepper.
4. When serving the soup, pour a tablespoon of fresh curd on top, so that it is freshly mixed.
Add the parsley and spring onions on top of the curd.
5. Add another drizzle of Andorinha Selection Olive Oil!